Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Run the Good Race 2010

Have you ever been to a race? It is amazing, if you have been part of a race you know what it feels like to be waiting behind the Start line. You are pumped that you are going to run and you have a time set in your mind of how long you plan on doing your run. if you have never been to one just look at the picture here and look how many people are just waiting to start the race.

Everyone has a story on why they are there, some run for fun, others are in a running group supporting a cause, others just want to accomplish a personal goal or just keeping themselves in shape. I run too, and I run because I believe that a race is very similar to our journey in life. But I am talking about the journey of our faith. In the months ahead I will prepare for my 1st Marathon. I have run two Half Marathons and now I am striving to do my first Marathon.

The Bible also compares a race with our lives, look what it mentions in 1 Corinthians 9:24-25
24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

This verse right here motivated me during my last 3 miles during my Half Marathons, usually at these last miles the body is very tired and feels like giving up. It feels the same when we have a relationship that is going nowhere, a job that will not give us a prosperous future, perhaps a tough sickness; you name it. There are times in life where we just want to quit. I have Christ in my life, so I have hope and faith to persevere and keep going as to get the prize.

The finish line is never as crowded as the starting line, at this point many lost the dream of winning, some give up and don't bother to reach the finish line and others are disqualified. If you were to compare your life today with a race, what kind of runner are you? Will you make it to the finish line? Tell me, what is your story?

No comments:

Post a Comment