Friday, October 29, 2010

Make a story with these pictures!

We have been in Greece for almost a week. And so much has happened.  Annette arrived last Thursday October 28th at 5:15 P.M. I spent a day by myself and it felt a bit intimidating being in a place where I do not understand the language. It has been a while since I last traveled to a foreign country and my sense of orientation is a bit rusty. Nevertheless I found my way back to the airport using public transportation to pick Annette up.  
By accident I thought Annette would be arriving at 2:45 p.m. so I had some time to spent at the airport. I discovered that they have a museum there too and I visited it. In the upper picture is what they believe Athens looked like centuries ago. And here on the right is a pictures of weights and the half round object is the lid of a bee hive and underneath there is a lamp, it looks like a candle holder but was not meant to have a candle but oil.
Finally Annette's plane was arriving, so I went down to wait for her. Before I knew I was surrounded by paparazzi, I figured that someone important was about to arrive. So I asked whom they were waiting for and they told me that Maria was about to come out. I have no idea who Maria was, she is a famous runner but I had no clue. They told me her last name but it was Greek so didn’t catch it. Annette came out and I was so relieved to see a face I knew.  Maria Menounos also came out and we understood that she is a famous NBC personality that occasionally runs marathons, she is Greek and a national super star. Many people came to the airport just to welcome her.


I also welcomed the delegation of Brazil as you see they were all wearing yellow and the delegation from Uruguay was also very festive with their colorful wigs. I saw people from all over the world, I got to talk to some of them too. The Marathon registration booth was right in the same arrival area. You can say that I welcomed everyone by name and shook their hands. Not literally but it felt like it.

I was there to welcome my friend Annette and I was so happy to see her face and knowing that she made it all the way to Athens. Welcome Annette, I pray we will have a great time in Athens, I am so happy to see you here!

No comments:

Post a Comment