Tuesday, November 2, 2010


Annette changing Hellenic history
I met Annette two years ago, she has been always very eager of learning more about God and about his promises and commandments. The last two years I have seen her grow spiritually, she has blossomed like the most precious flower for Christ. She understood the meaning of baptism and took the plunge, she understood the meaning of servanthood and she took leadership roll in the children’s ministry at our church, she has understood the reason of discipleship and she attends a small group where she serves and supports her leader and she has a great personality that values friendship. Her friendship and love for her friend has driven her to come all the way to Athens to be here for me. After I have struggled with the running of my first marathon, I realized that it is not my race but hers. She has been running the Good Race for two years now and this is her first finish line, she is a disciple ready to be a leader and have her own disciples. What a better place than Athens to show her the world that Paul had to face and still present the Gospel with courage and commitment. So I rejoice for us being here in the midst of this celebration. She got so carried away from the energy among the runners that she too wanted to run, something that you don’t get her easily to do. But she arranged her own 5k Bib, which were impossible to get at this point in time. There was some person that enrolled for the 5k and last minute could buy the marathon Bib(number) from somebody else and gave his number to Annette. I am so proud of my friend and I cherish her friendship, I am truly blessed. Thank you Lord for Annette!

No comments:

Post a Comment