Tuesday, May 25, 2010

On my way to Athens Classic Marathon 2010

Today it all began, I am getting ready for this journey towards my first marathon, the Athens classic Marathon. What is this marathon all about? Well this is what the editorial of the marathon has to comment:  
"The Athens Classic Marathon is not just a sporting event, a hard race, a tough course of 42,195m. More than that, the Athens Classic Marathon is a bridge that unifies the legend with history; it showcases the strength of human will; it is a fountain of values, of social liability, environmental sensitivity, friendship and solidarity.
In 2010, we will celebrate in Athens the 2,500 years' anniversary from the Marathon Battle in a glorious event that will mark the future of the international Marathon movement."


This is my first marathon and I will follow the Hal Higdon's Marathon Novice training. Today I ran the first 3 miles of the 15 miles that I have to run this week. As I made the first step I felt the rush of knowing that I am running for a purpose again. Somehow I know that it will be tough and perhaps painful but I won't stop until I have achieved the discipline and developed the perseverance to accomplish this goal. It will be very hard, it is an up hill course and a very tough one perhaps even for well experienced runners. 

Of course it crosses my mind that perhaps I won't b able to finish but I cannot allow those thought to penetrate my mind or else there is no purpose in attempting to be part of the race. After all my strength and my courage don't come out of my own but through the one who is greater than I, my Lord. Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

The purpose; to inspire all around me with my faith and to share my passion by running the good race, modeling how to run and how to cheer the runners. Everyone can run if they search for the needed discipline and develop the perseverance then anyone can do anything they set their mind to.

For now I need to eat well, rest well and drink a lot but most of all I need to enjoy the journey towards the day of the race. I hope you can join me in this beautiful chapter about my first marathon, it won't be exciting if you are not part of it. My joy can only be complete if my friends are with me in this great adventure.

Lets Run the Good Race together!

No comments:

Post a Comment